CAMEO launched its Individualized Learning Program for Trainings and Professional Development in 2009. CAMEO has raised funds that will be used to partially defray trainings, workshops and events that help develop leadership and improve operations of our member organizations.
As our field continues to grow, we support our members by offering you the opportunity to attend the events and receive the training that you feel best meets the need of each of your organizations. CAMEO is particularly supportive of both executive growth and organizational capacity building.
Review a list of opportunities. Members are welcome to submit an application for a specialized training or conference that is not on this list if the program or training is specifically relevant to the organization.
The applying organization must be an active CAMEO member (2015 dues paid in full) providing small business technical assistance and/or microloans to small business owners in California.
The application process opens January 1, 2015. Organizations must send in a separate application for each training they would like to attend at least one month before the training is offered. Application period closes 15 days before the training is offered. January scholarships are an exception. Organizations can send in their scholarship application to CAMEO and register for their training. If selected by CAMEO to receive a scholarship to attend a January training, we will reimburse you for your registration cost.
Provide the following information in a one-page document and mail your complete application to Shufina English:
- Applicant’s name, position, organization, and contact information.
- What is the name of training you would like to attend?
- How do you think this training will help you better serve your clients and/or your office team?
- What specifically do you hope to gain from this training? Why?
- What is your organization’s mission statement?
- Provide a paragraph about your organization.
- Provide a short description of your duties within your organization.
- What is your Micro Enterprise training experience?
- What is your microlending experience?
For purposes of this program, technical assistance and microlending may include the following services:
- Business Management Training
- Business Planning
- Access to Capital
- Business Basics
- Financial Literacy Training
- One on One Consulting and Mentoring
Funding decisions will be based upon:
- Demonstrated interest in and need for the training; and
- Willingness to communicate your experience with CAMEO after the training has been completed
For the more competitive trainings for which we receive a larger number of applications we also consider:
- Demonstrated ability to deliver effective technical assistance programs and microloan services that will increase the development of low-income, minority, disabled and women business owners;
- Organization’s history of providing measurable, effective technical assistance and/or microloan programs in their community;
- Current experience and skills of the management team and program staff; and
- Ability of the organization to accurately collect project data on effectiveness of programs and clients served
The total collective award to organizations will not exceed $7,000 in 2015. Our goal is to offer 25-30 scholarships for the 12-month period. Members may apply to as many scholarship opportunities as they want in the 12-month period, but no more than two scholarships will be granted to a single organization in 2015. If there is a possibility that extra funding may become available, our members will be notified upon
If selected, CAMEO will partially defray the direct costs associated with travel and
training. However, members are expected to invest in this opportunity.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please contact Shufina English, CAMEO Director of Member Programs & Operations, via email or you can reach her by phone at 415.992.4483.
CAMEO also offers organizational assessment tools and one-on-one mentoring services to assist our members with their capacity and sustainability objectives.